Creation, maintenance and promotion of non-motorized trails in the Chaleur region as well as activity planning for their use.
The group Chaleur Green Trails was formed in 2015 and consists of an executive board and a board of directors. Please contact us for a copy of our statute and regulations.
Chaleur Green Trails goal is to create, improve and promote a network of non-motorized trails in the Chaleur region and to support local programs related to its use.
- Create and maintain a network of non-motorized trails linking as many communities as possible in the Chaleur region and, if possible, joining the Acadian Peninsula region with the Restigouche region.
- Engage strategically in lobbying the various levels of government and the private sector to fund and promote these projects and promote green trails in the Chaleur region.
- Ensure the use of this network of trails by promoting and organizing various activities.
- Coordinate the efforts of the communities and various associations of non-motorized outdoor activities and help each other to promote and develop their projects (biking, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, etc.) .
- Promote the concept of active transportation.