Creation, maintenance and promotion of greenway trails in the Chaleur region as well as activity planning for their use.
The group Chaleur Green Trails was formed in 2015 and consists of an executive board and a board of directors. Please contact us for a copy of our statute and regulations.
Chaleur Green Trails goal is to create, improve and promote a network of greenway trails in the Chaleur region and to support local programs related to its use.
- Create and maintain a network of greenway trails linking as many communities as possible in the Chaleur region and, if possible, joining the Acadian Peninsula region with the Restigouche region.
- Engage strategically in lobbying the various levels of government and the private sector to fund and promote these projects and promote greenway trails in the Chaleur region.
- Ensure the use of this network of greenway trails by promoting and organizing various activities.
- Coordinate the efforts of the communities and various associations of greenway outdoor activities and help each other to promote and develop their projects (biking, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, etc.) .
- Promote the concept of active transportation.